AgriFutures Australia invests in RD&E on behalf of the thoroughbred breeders of Australia through the Thoroughbred Horses levy, matching government funds, and industry contributions. AgriFutures Australia is committed to enabling practice change through efficient and effective extension of RD&E outcomes.
The AgriFutures Thoroughbred Horses Program seeks to improve the sustainability, productivity, and competitiveness of the Australian thoroughbred industry. The Program aims to support an efficient breeding system that works towards reducing the average number of serves per pregnancy, increasing live foals delivered per mare covered, and increasing the DNA parentage count confirmed each year. We value durable horses with long racing careers.
Key to achieving these goals is the dissemination and extension of our research in an effective and efficient manner to enable adoption and practice change. To facilitate practice change and research extension, the Program must have a thorough understanding of:
- How they access trusted research information (and how they would prefer to receive this information i.e. written, audio, visual, kinesthetic, online, face-to-face etc.).
- What information they access (content).
- Preferred sources of information.
- If stakeholders currently encounter any pain points accessing this information.
- What information will encourage practice change and how should this be delivered.