In planning and submitting proposals for AgriFutures Australia-funded projects, prospective researchers need to familiarise themselves with the application procedure, the Corporation’s overarching goals and strategies, the goals and strategies of the relevant R&D program and the specific priorities for R&D for the year for which the proposal is being submitted.
We also welcome and encourage your collaboration with other research providers to build the critical research mass necessary to meet our objectives.
AgriFutures Australia will conduct three open calls for research proposals for the AgriFutures™ Chicken Meat Program, scheduled for the period September 2018 to April 2019. The research call dates are scheduled (subject to change) for:
- Round 1: 3 September 2018 – 10 October 2018 – completed
- Round 2: 10 December 2018 – 24 January 2019 – open
- Round 3: 4 March 2019 – 10 April 2019
Proposals should clearly indicate:
- Who will be undertaking the majority of the research including details of new staff or students that may be engaged in project delivery;
- Who will be undertaking the statistical analysis (if required) including their expertise;
- What the extension activities are for outcomes of the project (beyond distribution of summaries and conference presentation);
- If the proposal is to undertake R&D that won’t have immediate outcomes that can be applied by industry, then thought should be given to what the extension activities might be when the R&D is able to be applied and who the stakeholders are – this will help frame the direction for the project.
- Where appropriate, proposals should include consultation with the international experts in their field, who may not be located in Australia