The AgriFutures Honey Bee & Pollination Strategic RD&E Plan (2020-2025) has been developed by AgriFutures Australia, in consultation with honey bee and pollination stakeholders, to outline the AgriFutures Honey Bee & Pollination Program research, development and extension (RD&E) objectives until 2025.
The AgriFutures Honey Bee & Pollination Program Strategic RD&E Plan informs researchers and collaborators in the development of research proposals, and it guides AgriFutures Australia in investing Program funds. Delivery of the Strategic RD&E Plan is overseen by the AgriFutures Honey Bee & Pollination Advisory Panel, which is comprised of individuals who have onground
industry knowledge and expertise, and technical or research experience. The Advisory Panel provides recommendations to AgriFutures Australia regarding projects and the organisations or individuals that can deliver on key strategies in the Strategic RD&E Plan, and it advises on how to encourage and promote the adoption of project findings.
The AgriFutures Honey Bee & Pollination Strategic RD&E Plan (2020-2025) was approved by the AgriFutures Australia Board in September 2020 and outlines six key objectives:
1. Identify and develop technology for improved hive performance.
2. Increase capacity within research community and future industry leaders.
3. Improve understanding of nutrition best practice and disease interaction.
4. Improve understanding of the benefits of honey and develop chain traceability.
5. Improve understanding of pollination strategies that impact crop yields and improve hive health.
6. Improve understanding of floral resources as assets for the Australian honey bee industry.