When AgriFutures Australia relaunched the RWA Alumni in July 2018, we committed to creating an Advisory Panel which will ensure the Alumni program is powered by Alumni, for the Alumni.
The Alumni Program has been designed so that it can engage everyone (who wishes to participate) in shaping it. Alumni contribution is vital in stimulating the program as a community.
Opportunities to interact through the program have been designed flexibly with this in mind: from the online community to national initiatives, to training, mentoring and informal collaborations.
AgriFutures Australia’s intention is that the RWA Alumni Advisory Panel will advise AgriFutures Australia on priorities for investment within identified initiatives and the direction of activities (such as identifying topics for professional development activities), based on consultation with the wider Alumni community.
The Advisory Panel will have up to eight members, each of whom will serve a term of between 12 and 18 months selected through an application process in 2019.
The Advisory Panel will meet a minimum of once per year, face to face, to coincide with the Gala Dinner, where possible, other meetings will be convened via teleconference.
Priorities of the RWA Alumni Advisory panel will be:
- Working with the RWA community to identify topics for professional development activities
- Selecting and supporting participants in the mentoring program
- Leading and co-ordinating initiatives to raise the profile of the Award and the Alumni
- Building the community through engagement on Facebook and at events
Who can apply:
- Rural Women’s Award Alumni only.
Advisory Panel term:
- The RWA Alumni Advisory Panel term will be 12-18 months.
- Monday, 24 June 2019 at 8.00am AEST – Online applications open
- Sunday, 14 July 2019 at 11.00pm AEST – Online applications close
- August 2019 – Successful Alumni Advisory Panel members informed
- Wednesday, 11 September 2019 – Alumni Advisory Panel will be publicly announced at the RWA Alumni Lunch.