The Advisory Panel consists of people with a range of skills and experience in the research, farming and processing sectors of the ginger industry, together with a representative from AgriFutures Australia. The Advisory Panel, in partnership with AgriFutures Australia, provides recommendations on the allocation of research, development and extension funding for the AgriFutures™ Ginger Program. The Panel meets, on average, four times per year in person or via teleconference and it is an expectation that meetings are prioritised.
Members of the Advisory Panel will:
- Be recompensed for their services to AgriFutures Australia at rates determined by the Commonwealth’s Remuneration Tribunal.
- May be required for up to 20 days per year and some travel is necessary.
- So not hold financial delegations.
- Are entitled to sitting fees for meetings and travel expenses.
Ginger Advisory Panel Member role:
The key functions of AgriFutures Australia Industry Advisory Panels are to:
- Advise AgriFutures Australia on the current state of the industry, and its RD&E requirements
- Provide recommendations on short-listed research applications consistent with the research priorities identified in the AgriFutures Australia Ginger Five Year RD&E Plan
- Advise on and assist with the dissemination, adoption and commercialisation of RD&E
- Encourage co-investment by other stakeholders to support Ginger RD&E.
How to apply
Applicants are required to complete the application form, skills matrix and attach their CV (no longer than three pages) via Smarty Grants.
As part of the application process applicants will be required to outline relevant experience in the Australian agricultural sector and expected contribution to the Advisory Panel.
Submissions close Thursday, January 16 2020