The AgriFutures Honey Bee & Pollination Program Advisory Panel consists of people with a range of skills and experience in the research, farming and processing sectors of the honey bee and pollination industry, together with a representative from AgriFutures Australia. The Advisory Panel, in partnership with AgriFutures Australia, provides recommendations on the allocation of research, development and extension (RD&E) funding for the AgriFutures Australia Honey Bee & Pollination Program.
Advisory Panel members are expected to:
- Prioritise and attend a maximum of eight panel meetings each calendar year. These are held in varying locations, or via videoconference at the discretion of the program manager and the advisory panel.
- Attend meetings fully prepared, having read all discussion papers and completed all pre-meeting activities such as assessment of preliminary and full research proposals. Adequate preparation will enable a proper level of participation in the meeting discussion, ensuring appropriate investment decisions are made on behalf of the industry. The expectation for preparation and attendance could be up to 20 days per year including travel.
Members of AgriFutures Advisory Panels will be appointed by the Managing Director of AgriFutures Australia following a competitive skills based assessment. The term of appointment of Panel members will initially be three years.
Members of the Panel will be recompensed for their services to AgriFutures Australia at rates determined by the Commonwealth’s Remuneration Tribunal. Panel members are entitled to sitting fees for meetings and travel expenses. Please note that Advisory Panels do not hold financial delegations.
Successful applicants are required to declare any Conflicts of Interests and sign a Confidentiality Agreement with AgriFutures Australia.
Honey Bee & Pollination Program Advisory Panel Member roles / responsibilities
The key functions of AgriFutures Honey Bee & Pollination Program Advisory Panel are to:
- Advise AgriFutures Australia on the current state of the industry, and its RD&E requirements
- Provide recommendations on short-listed research applications consistent with the research priorities identified in the AgriFutures Australia Honey Bee & Pollination Program Strategic Plan
- Advise on and assist with the dissemination, adoption and commercialisation of R&D
- Encourage industry voluntary contributions and co-investment by other stakeholders to support industry RD&E.
How to apply
Applicants are required to complete the application form, skills matrix and attach their CV (no longer than three pages) via the online application system. As part of the application process applicants will be required to outline relevant experience in the Australian agricultural sector and expected contribution to the Advisory Panel.
Submissions close 12 noon, Wednesday, 1 July 2020
0407 987 738
0407 987 738